On behalf of the Planning Committee, I cordially invite you to attend the Fourteenth American Conference on Pharmacometrics (ACoP14) to be hosted from November 5-8, 2023 at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland, USA.
The theme of ACoP14 is “Innovation & Diversity: Redefining Pharmacometrics”. This theme was inspired by the extraordinary advancement made in the field of Pharmacometrics (PMX), the diverse and successful applications of PMX in countless therapeutic areas, and its multidisciplinary approaches to support drug discovery and development that yield shared decision making between individuals with different expertise. Our theme aligns with ISoP’s vision to promote and advance the discipline of PMX and broaden its impact. It also embraces the pillars of our 5-year strategic plan: Scientific Expertise and Innovation, Influence, Education, Tools and Resources, and Internationalization.
Here are a few updates on from the ACoP14 Planning Committee:
- Scientific Program: ACoP14 scientific program (pre-final) is available. Early bird registration is now open until August 2, 2023. Don't miss it register today!
- Scientific Abstracts: 380+ submissions! Abstracts will be reviewed and notifications sent out by email in mid-July. Thank you to all 70+ abstract reviewers’ volunteers!
- Pre-conference: We have changed the schedule this year. There will not be a pre-conference on Sunday. In lieu, many pre ACoP14 workshops all dedicated to pharmacometrics and related disciplines are available for you to attend.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I): We are excited to host a joint session with the ACoP14 Planning Committee on the theme of the conference “Innovation & Diversity: Redefining Pharmacometrics”. We are also delighted to announce that we are launching for the very first time at ACoP14 a DE&I Scientific Outreach Program. Stay tuned for more details soon!
- Trainee Community Events: We are planning many exciting events for our trainees. 1) Speed Mentoring Event for Trainees to talk with professionals from all different walks of life, disciplines, and experiences (Plus, lunch never hurts)! 2) Soft Skills Workshop for Trainees to talk about the issue of diversity in clinical development. How can we improve this in our own work, and what cross-functional communication skills do we need to promote inclusivity? 3) ISoPx Trainee Talks: come see the panel of trainees talk about various topics, with some prizes and fun built in!
- Social Event: In addition to the main social event (theme to be announced!), the social committee is excited to host a variety of events throughout the conference. Some highlights include an interactive scavenger hunt, and the buddy system, where new attendees will be paired with returning attendees to participate in a variety of fun activities.
- Alumni Receptions: Do you want to reserve a spot for your school alumni to meet and greet? Please reach out before it is too late at email@example.com
- ISoP Awards: Call for nominations closed on May 19, 2023. We are reviewing nominees’ packages. Stay tuned for further announcements!
We will post regular updates on this webpage and on our ISoP App to keep you informed. Stop back periodically!
I look forward to seeing you at ACoP14
Sihem Bihorel, MSc, PharmD, PhD
ACoP14 Conference Chair
“Rien ne se perd, rien ne se crée, tout se transforme”. “Nothing is lost, nothing is created, everything transforms”.Antoine Lavoisier (1743-1794). Father of Modern Chemistry.Lavoisier coined the Law of Mass Balance (or Law of Conservation of Mass), a basic tenet of Pharmacometrics.